First I want to say that I realize I am only temporarily ‘handicapped’, but IT STILL SUCKS! I think that everyone should have to struggle this hard for things — even if it’s just to heighten our objectivity
That being said:
I have a pet peeve that I would like to share with you. It was actually a peeve of mine before I broke my ankle, but now I can say that I am more than a little incensed.
So let me get up on my Royal High Horse for just a few moments:
- Handicapped Parking should be available for handicapped people to use.
- If your spouse is handicapped but not with you, DO NOT USE the convenience of the Handicapped license or tag just because you “don’t want to walk that far.” It’s actually a crime!
- If you are handicapped, but your disability does not affect your ability to walk, please think about it before taking that LAST spot.
- If you don’t absolutely need the Handicapped stall in the Restroom, don’t use the Handicapped stall! That stall is reserved specifically for people who are Handicapped.
- Is it really that hard to squeeze your dainty, little, healthy body into one of the 5 empty “regular-sized” stalls?
- Sometimes the Baby Changing Station is in the Handicapped stall…
- Sometimes Mothers like to use the extra-large space so they can keep their children with them…
I do understand that there are no laws governing “Potty Etiquette” like there are laws governing “Parking Etiquette”
Basically, all I am saying is: please don’t use the Handicapped Facilities provided for impaired/challenged people unless you are one of those impaired/challenged people.
And, one last comment: Stupid is NOT a disability!
Thank you. Rant over.