Skating last night was awesome! It made everything all better like I hoped it would.
Skating helps me mentally mostly always, but it doesn’t always help a rift between me and my Loverman… This time it did. Yay!
Now, for something completely different…
You should try this “recipe” some time for breakfast — or whenever, I don’t care when you eat it. It’s just fucking awesome!
(Dedicated to Thug Kitchen!! But this “recipe” is all me, baby!)
- Get some grits (because that shit is good!) — at my house we just have the Quaker Quick Grits (not instant!), but you can get the more expensive, fancy kind if you like. Whatever floats your boat. But the fancier kind might not come with it’s own instructions… I’m just saying.
- Add shredded unsweetened coconut — to taste. I like about 2 large pinches, probably about a tablespoon. Of course if you don’t like coconut, leave it out. I’m just warning you that you might be missing out on something totally awesome!
- Chop up and toss in some dried chili mangoes and chili pineapple, as much as you want — trust me on this one. You can always add more chili, chipotle or cayenne pepper if you want to take it to the next level!
- Follow the instructions on the freaking package except, use soy milk or almond milk or coconut milk, etc. MMMMM…. Creamy goodness. You will thank me later when you’re eating it.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil, butter, etc… (I like the coconut oil — and later you can use it for lotion!)
- Be careful if you cook this in the microwave, it can boil over and make a HUGE mess and this shit is like lava! So BE CAREFUL!!!
- After you take it out you will have to let it sit for a couple of minutes to cool down. So, now you have time to fix yourself some coffee, cut yourself up some grapefruit and maybe microwave a sausage link or two.
- Once it has cooled enough that it won’t spontaneously combust the inside of your mouth, add a pinch of salt and taste it to see if it needs sugar. Mine usually doesn’t, but some people like stuff super sweet.
(You can do this with oatmeal, too, it just doesn’t taste as good)
It doesn’t take very long to make it, it fills you up, it tastes luxurious and it’s even good for you!!! If you don’t believe me, google it!
- 3 Health Benefits From Roller Skating You Never Knew – Peninsula Family Skate Center
- The Grits and The Glory – A Black Girl’s Guide to Weight Loss
- Polenta vs. Grits, What’s the Difference? – theKitchn